From Cake Sales to personal challenges every single penny raised for our charity makes a difference.
If you are thinking of doing something amazing for 'Abbie's Army' then the information on this page will help you to make it a great success!
Please let us know what you are planning on doing and we will always do our best to give you everything you need to get going! Please email in the first instance email@example.com
Please keep all fundraising safe , legal and respectful of others!
Charity fundraising is regulated by law...under no circumstances should any 'door to door' collections be made.
Abbie's Army holds insurance to cover all volunteers fundraising under our own 'events' policy.
When holding an event of your own do consider:
- Contacting Abbie's Army and your local council should you wish to collect money in the streets (you need a licence and to ask permission before doing so).
- Carry out a risk assessment and find out if there is anything you need to do or think about to avoid any accidents happening - remember that a hazard is anything that may cause harm.
- Make sure that you have first aid cover if you need it.
- Check with any venue for Public Liability Insurance that covers your event.
- Apply for an alcohol licence if you plan to sell alcohol at a venue or event that is not already licensed.
- Make sure children are properly supervised if they are to be present at your event. Depending on the nature of it, and whether adults will be put in charge of supervising children, make sure that the necessary checks have been carried out.
- Please use a reputable company if you are using suppliers to provide equipment or services (such as bouncy castles). Ask to see a copy of their Public Liability Insurance and a risk assessment.
- If you are providing food at your event, make sure that you follow simple guidelines for handling, preparing and cooking food, as provided by the Food Standards Agency.
- Count any cash with another person present and make sure that you are in a secure environment whilst doing so (and bank the money as soon as possible).
- More information on the legal issues surrounding fundraising for your event can be found on Institute of Fundraising.